21 July 2020
In accordance with the Victorian Government’s expanded mandate that will come into effect as of Thursday 23 July, all visitors to SVC premises must be dressed in appropriate, safe attire which now includes wearing a face mask or covering over their nose and mouth. This is in addition to the measures already in place, that include:
- Maintaining social distancing protocols, which include keeping a minimum of 1.5 metres’ distance from all other persons.
- Practising good hand hygiene by washing hands or using hand sanitising products when necessary. SVC has installed automated sanitising stations at all entrances for use by customers and staff.
SVC reserves the right to refuse service to visitors who do not abide by these protocols, which are now being enforced by the police and WorkSafe.
Other existing procedures to minimise person-to-person contact remain in effect. Customers picking up products from our premises must have placed their order via phone or email to an SVC representative prior to collection, and must call Reception on 1300 287 782 upon arrival before entering our Sales Office.
Please note that the closing time for our Mordialloc distribution centre remains at 4pm from Monday to Friday.
We sincerely hope that our employees, customers and their families keep safe and healthy by adhering to the current safety measures.
Thank you once again for your understanding and co-operation during this time.
1 April 2020
Following the announcement of stage 3 restrictions in Victoria, SVC has introduced additional safety measures for employees who are unable to carry out work duties from home and are still working on our premises. These new measures supplement those initiatives already in place, as discussed in our last update.
Employees working on-site are now required to do the following:
- Measure and record their temperature at the beginning of every shift
- Maintain a safe working distance of 2m from other personnel at all times
- Limit personal interactions to those within their direct teams only during both work and break times
- Clean and disinfect shared spaces and break areas after use
- Keep daily records of all person-to-person interactions that have occurred during the shift
SVC will continue to monitor the situation as it develops and exercise the necessary precautions to protect our employees, customers and community.
Updated: 25 March 2020
Message from the CEO
In light of the current state of emergency regarding the coronavirus pandemic that has been declared in Victoria, I would like to provide my full assurance that we at the SVC Group are doing everything we can to protect our employees, clients, supply partners and our broader community.
SVC has taken immediate action to limit the contraction and spread of COVID-19 within our internal network. We are monitoring the situation closely and adhering to advice given by the relevant State and National Government authorities. Currently, we have no reported nor confirmed cases of COVID-19 within our employee cohort and their immediate families. However, the health and wellbeing of our staff and community remain of utmost importance and we have thus implemented certain measures to reduce the potential spread of the virus.
- Adoption of the appropriate hygiene and safe distancing protocols;
- Minimising person-to-person contact between staff and customers and restricting factory access to essential staff only;
- Commencing work-from-home procedures for staff who are able to carry out their work tasks remotely; and
- Conducting internal meetings via video and phone conferencing where possible.
We would like to announce the below changes to our standard operations which are effective immediately:
- All orders requiring customer pick-up must be prepaid and processed via phone or email prior to collection;
- Walk-in customers will not be admitted to the reception area until they have called and processed their order via phone;
- The front reception area will only be accessible by customers and transport operators once their paperwork is ready for collection;
- Pick-up customers and transport operators must maintain a safe distance of 1.5m from SVC administrative and loading staff at all times;
- The SVC Mordialloc facility will now close at 4pm on all weekdays.
With careful consideration and monitoring of the ongoing situation, we will continue to run standard operations at all branches whilst maintaining comprehensive hygiene practices. We are committed to servicing our valued client base and will work towards fulfilling all existing orders.
Should the situation escalate where further changes to our current business operations are required, SVC will provide prompt, direct communication to our customer base, supply chain and any others impacted to minimise any potential disruptions.
We thank you for your understanding and ongoing support.
Chief Executive Officer, SVC Products