TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This competition is open to all students currently studying Landscape Architecture, Architecture or Landscape Design in Victoria, and recent graduates of these courses of study who possess less than 2 years of industry experience working in landscape design or architecture.
- The winner will be determined by a panel of judges made up of representatives from SVC Products, Fitzgerald Frisby Landscape Architecture and Warners Nurseries, who will evaluate each proposal independently and with regard to the parameters set by us.
- It will be our sole decision as to whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met and we may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding prizes.
- Employees of SVC Products and their immediate family members may not enter this competition and neither may any judges nor their employees nor any prize providers or their immediate families.
Entry and Entry Methods
- Entries are to be submitted via the submissions portal on the competition website, available at https://svc.com.au/submissions-portal, by 11:59pm AEST on 20 June 2018.
- We reserve the right to reject any entries that are incomplete, incomprehensible, or otherwise deficient. We also reserve the right to reject entries that are unlawful, indecent, racist, inflammatory, defamatory or which we consider to be otherwise harmful to the goodwill and reputation of our company. We accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including but not limited to submissions not sent due to technical disruptions, network congestion or any other reason.
- Entrants must enter this competition using their legal name once only. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names and to require them to return any prize they may have won.
- Each entrant may only submit one entry into this competition. Persons may not enter or participate as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person, syndicate, group, society or company.
- Where the entrant of a prize-winner has been found to be in breach of any of the terms and conditions of this competition, in particular where a person is in breach of the entry restrictions, we may nevertheless still enforce our right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement to us of any prize, even where a prize has been awarded and/or actually provided to the entrant or prize-winner in question.
- The winners of this competition will receive the below entitlements:
- Grand Prize: $1,000 AUD. The winning design will be constructed at SVC Thomastown by the end of 2018. Components of the design may be altered to suit construction practices.
- Best Usage of Plants: $250 AUD and $150 credit to be redeemed at Warners Nurseries.
- Most Innovative Design: $250 AUD and two (2) tickets to the AILA VIC Landscape Architecture Awards, 2018.
- The prize winner will be notified that they have won within a maximum of seven (7) days of the closing date of this competition via at least one of the following methods: a) Telephone b) Email
- Cash prizes will be presented in the form of a cheque via post, unless otherwise stated or organised. We will not be liable for any prizes that are lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our control.
- Should a prize-winner’s details change, it is their responsibility to notify us.
- We reserve the right to request proof of a prize-winner’s identity in the form of a passport or driver’s license, and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. In the event that a prize winner cannot provide us with proof of identity reasonably acceptable by us, we may withdraw the prize and select another prize winner.
- All prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable. If a prize winner does not take any element of a prize at the time stipulated by us, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner.
- Any tax payable as a result of a prize being awarded or received will be the responsibility of the winner. Winners should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting a prize if this is a concern.
- We reserve the right to disqualify entrants from entering our competitions or prize-winners from receiving their prizes where any such person engages in unsafe, illegal, unsociable or inappropriate behaviour.
- No additional, further or other costs or expenses are included in any prize.
- All prizes must be claimed within twenty-one (21) days of our notification of winning unless stated otherwise.
- We reserve the right to award prizes unclaimed after this period to alternative prize-winners or not to award them at all.
Publicity and personal information
- All entrants consent to their entries being published and communicated to the public on our website and through our social networks.
- No fees shall be payable to any entrant in relation to their entry in this competition.
- By entering this competition all entrants:
- a) Assign to us all rights (including present and future copyright) to their entry and their publicity materials in all media (including, without limitation, the internet) and whether in existence now or created in the future;
- b) Agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and the publicity materials (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) against SVC Products, its assigns, licensees and successors in title;
- c) Undertake to us that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights and will not contain anything which is defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and that they will indemnify us for any loss, damage or liability arising should this turn out not to be true. If relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation (and without limiting entrant’s warranty and indemnity as set out above), to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by the entrant and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same;
- d) Confirm that they have they have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that they have obtained all consents and permissions necessary to grant us the same.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of this competition and the format rights for the Competition are our sole property and we may exploit the same at our absolute discretion.
Termination of Competition
- SVC Products may vary the terms of, or terminate, this competition at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any contestant, contributor or other person. SVC Products will not award prizes if this competition is terminated.
- All our decision relating to this competition and/or award of the prize(s) are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
- Tiebreakers, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns will be managed by us and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator.
Failure to enforce Terms and Conditions
- A failure by us to enforce any one of the terms and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any entrant or prize-winner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of our rights in relation of the same.
Exclusion of liability
- Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representative expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any entrant or prize-winner in connection with or arising out of this competition howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damaged and other liabilities. For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph shall also apply in respect of any prize provided by a third party provider.
- In the event that any provisions of these terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions, which shall continue in full force and effect.
- These terms shall be constructed in accordance with and governed by the laws of Australia.